Sunday, December 2, 2018

Vol. 3, No. 336, December 2, 2018


3336 - Glazed.

A couple years ago, I made a large ceramic bowl. I glazed it, but it didn’t turn out very well. I was giving it to my brother for Christmas and didn’t have time to re-glaze it. I told him that if he wanted me to, I would take it back to fix. He said he liked it as is, so I left it. Fast forward to this summer as we were packing up our house. He decided the glaze job was awful and he didn’t really need the bowl anymore anyways. So I took the bowl to school and attempted to re-glaze it. I chose what I thought was a mint green glaze. Well maybe the glaze was old, or I fired it wrong, I don’t really know. Regardless, it is now worse than before, with the exception of the cute little elephant shape that appeared. I will attempt re-glazing once more, but this bowl may have just become a planter.

No comments:

Post a Comment