Monday, December 10, 2018

Vol. 3, No. 344, December 10, 2018


3344 - Ornamental.

In Kindergarten, students make paper mache ornaments for Christmas. It is a huge collaboration between student and teacher. First, I labeled each cup with every students' name and class code. Then students spent 2 class periods applying paper mache, which meant I handled each cup 2 more times, scraping off extra paste and smoothing paper. Next after they were dry, I took each ornament off the form, transferred the name tag, trimmed the edge and attached a string for hanging. I prepped all of the attachments. During the next class I lead students through painting their ornaments and attaching the details. I had to insert all of the deer antlers myself as it required a sharp needle tool to make the holes. Really if you think about it, this project is 75% my work. I did even more for students who missed a day during the 3 weeks of the project. I may need to rethink this one in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment