Friday, April 21, 2017

Vol. 2, No. 111, April 21, 2017


2111 - 21 - On this Day.

Day 21


Make something inspired by an event that happened today in history.

After some research, I discovered that on this day in 1918, the Red Baron was killed. Manfred von Richthofen was a legendary German fighter pilot. He earned his renown and nickname by achieving 80 air combat victories in World War I. He was shot down and killed during combat at the age of 25. 
To commemorate, I made paper airplanes. I started with a lousy attempt at a WWI Fighter Plane (the gold one). The instructions I found weren't super clear, and eventually I gave up.  To redeem myself, I followed up with a simple paper plane using a white index card. I stuck a paperclip in it to make it fly better.

No comments:

Post a Comment