Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Vol. 2, No. 95, April 05, 2017



2095 - 5 - #wisdomwednesday


Day 5

 
Go outside (or look out a window) and spend some time looking at the natural aspects of the environment around you. Make something inspired by what you notice. Bonus: leave what you make outside for someone else to find!

I decided it was easier to just copy and paste the Creative Sprint challenges, rather than retyping them every day.

So today, I took to the streets, walking to a nearby park known in my family as Granny's Park, but more commonly known as South Park.  It is a park a few blocks away from my house that my grandma used to take me to when I was a kid.

When I got there, I walked through the park, looking for something that would be a good starting point for my project. My first thought,  and sort of my back-up plan if I didn't find anything else was to draw in the sand of the volleyball court. I kept walking hoping for something more intriguing. I was about to give up when I noticed something dark in the distance. From far away, it looked like part of a tire. I went to investigate and found it was just  a large stick, however I notice that one end was broken off to a point and had a knot, making it look like a bird's head.

This was exactly the type of object I was looking for. I grabbed the stick and brought it back to the volleyball court to start sculpting. I laid it in the sand and started piling sand over the middle to make the body. Once I was satisfied, I went in search of wings. I was fortunate that the one pine tree in the park (also the only tree with anything leaf-like) had exactly 3 fallen branches. I picked them all up, using them for the wings and tail.

While part of me wanted to take the bird stick home, I left my sculpture in the park for someone else to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment