Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Vol. 2, No. 212, July 31, 2017


2212 - Procrastination Nation.

As I write this at 11:45 pm, I am reminded of my youth. I was in 4-H and every year I would bring 20+ projects to the county fair. And every year, I would find myself up late every night in the days leading up to the fair working hard to get everything finished. If I had planned better and not procrastinated, this wouldn't have been a problem.

After graduating from 4-H I discovered Open Class, where everyone is able to enter projects at the county fair. Entry day is on Wednesday; even after 20+ years of participating in the county fair, I still procrastinated. So I am up late getting things in order.

One of the things I had to do tonight was decorate the envelopes for cards I had stamped earlier in the year. So, I chose that as my project for today. It was a simple task of using a paper punch to cut out some shapes, and then gluing them to the envelopes. I could have done it a long time ago, but that would have taken the fun out of the stressful late night I am enduring now.

No comments:

Post a Comment