Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Vol. 2, No. 227, August 15, 2017


2227 - Try Origami.

Today I stuck with the 64 Million Artist's Origami challenge and decided to fold something based on one of today's holidays, Pythagorean Theorem Day.

Pythagorean Theorem Day or Pythagoras Theorem Day is celebrated when the sum of the squares of the first two digits in a date equals the square of the last digit in the date. 8² + 15² = 17². The next Pythagorean Theorem Day will occur on December 16, 2020. 

I tried to find an origami project specific to Pythagorean Theorem, but that was turning out to be a challenge and I ended up just searching Math Origami. I came up with this spiral star shape. The spiral has a feel similar to the Pythagorean Spiral, so it satisfied my requirement.


No comments:

Post a Comment