Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Vol. 2, No. 235, August 23, 2017


2235 - Scatterbrained.

As a teacher I have found when you are in a classroom full of children, who seem to be pushing every last one of your buttons, time moves very slowly. However, when you are trying to get your room ready for the first day of school, time flies by.

I have a long list of things, including a few that I wanted to use as my daily project, that I wanted to accomplish by Noon tomorrow. The problem is that I can't seem to find enough time to get it all done. Having said this, I am sure you have guessed that I still haven't completed the project I had intended to do on Monday.

Today, the majority of my creativity went into creating this sign that is hanging outside my classroom. Every week I post a new question for each grade pertaining to the lesson that I will be teaching. My goal is that when they leave my class, they are able to answer the posted question. Having the sign in the hallway gives the student a clue as to what they will be learning and it also presents a talking point for parents and teachers.

The bottom part of the sign isn't quite complete, because the laminator ran out of plastic, so I will have to finish it tomorrow. I plan to glue the frame to the background once it is laminated, so I just taped it together for the picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment