Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Vol. 2, No. 234, August 22, 2017


2234 - Plans Change.

I had a plan for today's project, I was going to make decorative clips for on my white board. Unfortunately, I got so busy with meetings and other necessary tasks, that I didn't have time to make the clips at school and I forgot to bring the supplies home.

So as I sat at the New Teacher/School Board Dinner, with a wasp buzzing around the table, I found inspiration for a new project. My problem was what material to use to make the bee. I was exhausted after such a long day, and I knew that I didn't want anything too extravagant or time consuming. I was about to grab for a pencil and some scratch paper when I saw a pair of Eclipse glasses that I didn't get to use yesterday because it was raining. The glasses yellow cardboard frames and the lenses were silvery on one side and black on the other; I knew immediately that they would be perfect for a bee.

It took me a couple tries to cut out the right body shape, but once I did, the rest was easy. Silver side of the lens for wings and black for the legs. The stripes were added to the body with Sharpie, and everything was attached with 2 drops of Elmer's glue.

While you can't tell by looking at the picture, the bee is very similar in size to an actual wasp.

No comments:

Post a Comment