Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Vol. 2, No. 220, August 8, 2017


2220 -  Abundant Fruits.

Today is National Sneak Some Zucchini Onto Your Neighbor's Porch Day. This day was created to give people a way to get rid of unwanted zucchini, as zucchini grows in great abundance in August.

My parents are part of a CSA, so they get a weekly supply of fresh produce, more than they can eat on their own, so I visited today to try out a recipe I found a while back for Spiral Vegetable Tart. The recipe called for thin strips of carrots, egg plant, summer squash and zucchini, all of which my parents had, fresh from the farm.

I used a store bought pie crust, rolled extra thin, and covered it in a creamy, sour cream based sauce with some fresh herbs and other things I found in the fridge. Then I spiraled the veggies on top, drizzled with olive oil and baked it.

It looked awesome and tasted delicious, but it was so tedious and time-consuming that I won't rush out and make it again anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment