Saturday, August 26, 2017

Vol. 2, No. 238, August 26, 2017


2238 - Fair News.

Today I took a much needed break from school and joined my brothers and sister at the Minnesota State Fair. We took in many sights, including the Minnesota Newspaper Museum. One activity at the museum was making printer's caps. They had special State Fair newspapers printed to use for the project, as well as instructions and an explaination for the project.

"Paper has have been worn by printers, paper-makers, and typefounders for centuries, and are still worn by some." The provided instructions were for hats made in the 19th century.

I actually waited until I got home to assemble my hat. I figured none of my family members would want to be my model, so I used a stuffed animal instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment