Monday, August 28, 2017

Vol. 2, No. 240, August 28, 2017


2240 - WhatLiftsYou.

Today I am celebrating the first day of school, and to do so, I decided to make a feather to go with the project that my students as well as all of the other students in the school are making to start off the year.

For this project we are studying the work of international street artist, Kelsey Montague. Kelsey is most well known for her large scale murals of wings, which are detailed and interactive.

All of the students at Annandale Elementary in grades K-4 will be creating a feather that will be combined with everyone else's feathers to make a couple sets of wings. They will then be able to have their picture taken in front of the wings.

My students will have the option of coloring their feathers with crayons, markers, colored pencils or oil pastels. I chose to use crayons, mostly because when I went to my art supply stash, the first of those options that I found was a brand new 8 pack of Crayola crayons.

No comments:

Post a Comment