Thursday, January 11, 2018

Vol. 3, No. 11, January 11, 2018


3011 - New Year, New Me.

Try something new...this one had me stumped. I thought about it all day, but being on my third year of doing daily creative projects, I was running out of ideas that I had never done before. I decided to consult a friend. At first I deemed the response less than helpful, but it angered me. That anger lead me to wanting to blow off some steam which reminded me of an art project I’ve always wanted to try. I’ve always wanted to pop balloons filled with paint on a canvas. So that’s what I did. I headed to my basement and gathered my supplies. I unsure of how exactly this was going to go down, but as soon as that first balloon popped, I felt a weight lifted off of me. Turns out paint balloon popping is some pretty cheap therapy. However it is very messy and probably would have been a better project to complete outside with darts rather than inside with just a stick. Oh well, live and learn.

I couldn’t quite decide on a finished project and wanted to document each step before I wrecked it. So we have ‘Exploded and Shaken,’ 'Flicked and Shaken More,' ‘Scraped,’ and ‘Landscaped.’ I might decided to paint over it at come point, maybe another therapy session, but I am happy with it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment