Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Vol. 3, No. 23, January 23, 2018


3023 - Blackout Poetry.

I chose a book off of my bookshelf at school and flipped through it until I found a page with a good layout of words. The book I chose was The Quiltmaker's Gift by Jeff Brumbeau. I made a photocopy of the chosen page, because I didn't want to wreck the book. Then I got to work blacking out words. I started at one school and finished at the next. If I had been thinking, I would have brought the  book with so that I could put the text back in the book, allowing the colorful illustrations to show around it. However, I didn't think that far ahead, so I just cut most of the illustrations out.

"When eyes saw the cave, mighty bones shook. No said your needles pillow one before the night."

It may not make a ton of sense, but if you concentrate hard enough, you can make it have a deep and profound meaning. I chose the words, creating a slight zig-zag pattern through the text.

No comments:

Post a Comment