Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Vol. 3, No. 93, April 3, 2018


3093 - Finding Rainbows.

On this snowy spring day, we celebrate National Find A Rainbow Day. Knowing this day was coming up, I saved my art club project from yesterday to post today. Some may call this cheating, I call it keeping it simple. Anyways, at art club yesterday, we dropped liquid watercolors on our salt/glue drawings that I posted a few weeks ago. The students were given red, yellow, and blue paint so that when the colors bled together, they would form the secondary colors, thus creating rainbows. I started dropping colors on my cow for the demonstration and it was looking really good. Then a student asked to trade projects with me, because she didn’t like hers. She had struggled with the glue part and I could tell why she didn’t like it; however, always try to stay positive and convince students that their art is good. She wasn’t buying it, so I gave in and let her finish my project. The finished project is still pretty cool and has some nice rainbows; being in first grade though she didn’t have great control over the materials and got a little more color on the salt that I would have, causing darker, less rainbow like colors in some spots. The was happy with it, so that’s all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment