Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Vol. 3, No. 94, April 4, 2018


3094 - Warm-Up Week 1.

As a warm-up to the next Creative Sprint, which will be happening in May, I will be posting one project a week following weekly Creative sprint prompt. This week is: What does the cover of your autobiography look like?

I wasn’t sure what to do, but when I was dumping out leftover paints into the sink after art club on Monday, I was struck by the beauty of the splattered colors. Sometimes the clean-up mess after a project is better than the project itself. I quickly snapped a picture before the colors got too muddled. Then I began to ponder a title.

Today I decided was the day to complete my autobiography cover. After much pondering, aka staring at the picture, I discovered that it was complementary colors and where they mixed together, brown was made. This is one of the lessons I teach my students. Complementary colors are really pretty cool. When placed next to each other, they pop out; when mixed together, they are neutralized. It’s like life, sometimes you stand out and other times you blend in. The key to life is finding the balance between the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment