Saturday, April 7, 2018

Vol. 3, No. 97, April 7, 2018


3097 - White Out.

I had a project lined up for today, and had even started it, when I got a text saying that my final set/prop pieces for Dear Edwina were ready to be painted. Rather than putting it off like I wanted to, I went into school to paint. I was painting silverware and a plate for “Fork, Knife, Spoon”.  I. Got the two coats of black on everything and then left for a supper and tax break. It was about 9:45 pm when I returned. I had to spray the silverware silver, and then paint the front fo the plate. I checked the paints that I had available, a variety of random bright and dark colors. The only light neutrals were two small cans of white. Rather than dirty a paintbrush to clean out the cans, I used my gloved hands. The first can I poured on only to realize that it needed some mixing. So I got in there and did some finger painting, mixing and spreading as I went. It was a very odd feeling. I felt like Jackson Pollock as I poured on the second can of paint. I poured, shook, flicked and dripped paint around the plate. I wasn’t intending it to be my project, but when I was done applying the paint, it looked too cool not to take a picture and post it. After the picture, I used a roller to spread the paint out and then proceeded to accidentally get some silver spray paint on one edge. It looks neat, so I may just leave it.

No comments:

Post a Comment