Monday, April 30, 2018

Vol. 3, No. 120, April 30, 2018


3120 - Art Explorers.

Today was the first day of my last session of art club for the year at the Winsted Arts Council. I decided that this session I wanted to do some printmaking and to make it more fun, I wanted to print on painted papers. So for today’s project we explored watercolors, discovering different techniques that can be used. I gave the students lots of materials to paint with including cotton balls, q-tips, paintbrushes with stiff bristles, salt, plastic wrap, droppers and string. There may have been some finger painting involved as well. With a rainbow of colors at their finger tips, rather than just the standard primary colors, some of the paintings got a little muddy in parts, but they will all look great with our mono prints next week. I started my first painting as an example in class, showing students some of what they could do. I had an older student who finished her project early, so I asked her to finish mine for me. Yay collaboration! Then I knew I had a student gone, so I painted 2 more papers (one large paper that I will cut in half when it is dry) so she will have options to choose from next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment