Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Vol. 3, No. 121, May 1, 2018


3121 - Day 1 - Dream Big, Start Small.

DAY 1: Make something that fits in the palm of your hand, using only the materials in your immediate environment. 


Being an art teacher has it’s advantages. For one, I had a storeroom full of supplies available to me to begin the May Creative Sprint. Since it is May 1st, I decided to make a May Day Basket for my co-workers. I was able to easily locate supplies to make the basket, but treats for inside the basket were another story. After some digging through my snack basket, I was able to locate 2 pieces of chocolate and 2 packets of hot chocolate. Since this was all I had for treats, I was only able to make 2 May Day Baskets. Delivering the basket to my co-worker’s room while she was at lunch and then seeing her go to make the hot chocolate right after made the sun shine a little brighter on my day.  The second basket went to another co-worker, but I wasn’t able to get in her room with out her there, so I left it in her mailbox. Next year I think I will have to plan ahead so I can make and deliver more baskets.

No comments:

Post a Comment