Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Vol. 3, No. 149, May 29, 2018


3149 - Do Over Day.

Day 29


This month is all about creating rough-drafts and idea-nuggets you can have in reserve to come back to later when you need them.

Is there a prompt from the past month you would like to try again with a different approach? Today is your opportunity to revisit and revise. 

I looked through my art work from the last month and decided to revisit Day 7 - Something that happened today in history. On May 29, 1942, Bing Crosby recorded his rendition of Irving Berlin’s song White Christmas. This song became the most successful of his career and the best-selling Christmas single in history. I looked up the cover art for White Christmas and was inspired to make an origami Santa hat. I didn’t have any origami paper or other double-sided paper available so I made my own by coloring one side with oil pastel. The proportions of the hat weren’t quite right and the red smeared on to the white, but I was just keeping it simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment