Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Vol. 3, No. 136, May 16, 2018


3136 - Flip It and Reverse It.

DAY 16
Do something backwards or in reverse order.

I was trying to figure out what to make during one of my art classes today. My second grade students were free drawing while watching an art video and I decided to sit at one of the tables and draw with them. I grabbed a marker from my apron pocket and a piece of paper and got started. There were bottles of glue on the table from our project, so I started with that. I was drawing upside down, so when I got to the word glue I had to think a bit on the direction of the letters. The students at the table were impressed and started giving me suggestions of what to draw. A flower (that one was easy); a car; a castle; a dragon; and lastly a cowboy. As I drew, the students called more and more friends over to watch and by the end of class there was quite a crowd around me. The student who suggested the cowboy asked if he could keep the sketch, so after snapping a quick picture to post, I gave it away.

I realize you can’t tell it was drawn upside down just from looking at it, but if you don’t believe me, I have 20 witnesses to back me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment