Monday, May 21, 2018

Vol. 3, No. 141, May 21, 2018


3141 - Open A New Window.

Day 21

Create an illusion of a window -  looking out on to whatever you want  - on a wall that doesn't have one.

Today was the last Art Club day of the year, maybe ever as I am switching jobs next year. As soon as I read the prompt, I knew that I would make a window frame to showcase my finished birds in next collage that we started last week. The new additions to the nest were the rocking birds, plastic bead eggs, and feathers. I gathered the feathers last night before I went to bed by taking the pillow cases and liners off of my feather pillows and collecting all of the loose feathers. I know the kids didn't appreciate all of the effort that went into getting the feathers, but I was glad I did it as it made a really cute addition to the collage.

I considered leaving my project in the actual window of the Arts Council, but I decided to  keep as an example for a project that I can maybe do in my classroom next year. I'm thinking second grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment