Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Vol. 3, No. 129, May 9, 2018


3129 - Strange Bedfellows.

DAY 9

Find a way to combine two things that are usually considered opposites.

I spent quite a bit of time contemplating opposites that I could use. I noticed a packet of coffee on my dresser (yes, I know that’s an odd place) and with the help of google decided that a good opposite would be sleepytime tea. So I thought I would do some painting when I got home from school. Then at school, I was looking over my new lesson for third grade. They are learning about Henri Matisse and his “Drawing with Scissors”. During the lesson we talk about organic and geometric shapes. Organic shapes are nature shapes; they have rounded, flowing edges and are hard to measure. On the other hand, geometric shapes are math shapes; they are easy to name and measure. All of a sudden it hit me, these shapes are opposites! So for my challenge today, I completed a collage that I will use as an example for my students. The finished collage looks a little like a treasure map.

No comments:

Post a Comment