Thursday, May 3, 2018

Vol. 3, No. 123, May 3, 2018


3123 - Day 3 - Happy Music.

DAY 3

Create something inspired by a song or piece of music that makes you feel good!

One of my favorite songs, not associated with a person, is Travis Tritt’s It’s A Great Day To Be Alive.  I especially like the chorus, “And it’s a great day to be alive, I know the sun’s still shinin’ when I close my eyes.” Today’s project is in a round-about way inspired by that line.

In the last week, my 3rd graders learned about Dale Chihuly and each colored a spiral to imitate a piece of blown glass. One of Dale Chihuly’s sculptures, located at the Minneapolis Institute of Art, is titled Sunburst. My 3rd graders are visiting the MIA next week, so this sculpture was our main focus for this project. Today I took their spirals and made a collaborative sculpture. While it doesn’t really resemble Sunburst, it is still pretty cool, and will look great in my classroom for years to come! I was kind of bummed that the sun wasn't shining when I took the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment