Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Vol. 3, No. 143, May 23, 2018


3143 - The Shadow Knows.

Day 23

Create something that incorporates or is inspired by shadows.


I decided to do crumpled paper shadow drawings today. I crumpled up a piece of scrap paper into a ball and laid it on my drawing paper then used a pencil to trace the shadow. I moved the ball to a new spot and traced again until my paper was pretty full. I ended up with 3 sections. I studied the sections and decided the first looked like a dog head, so I sketched that out. Then decided to make the remaining two shapes into the body. I cut out the three parts and glued them on to the background. The grass was made from the shadow of the ball after it was stretched out and as you can see, the sun was also made from a shadow. I used oil pastels to add details.

No comments:

Post a Comment