Monday, May 7, 2018

Vol. 3, No. 127, May 7, 2018

3127 - Today In History.

DAY 7
Find out something that happened today in history and make something inspired by it.

It didn’t take much research to device what my historical event was going to be; the first one to pop up was about The Scream, as an art teacher I couldn’t pass that up. Today was an art club day and I already had the lesson planned; monoprints. Not wanting to do an extra project I needed to find a way to incoporate The Scream into my prints. I was able to do so by breaking the art into a grid and drawing each section in my ink. The real challenge was reversing it so that it didn’t print backwards. I was working quickly so that I could finish in an hour all while keeping the ink trays filled for my students; therefore, not all of my lines lined up the way I would have liked, but you can still get a pretty good sense of the original artwork. Our monoprints were done on top of the watercolor exploration papers from last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment