Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Vol. 3, No. 276, October 3, 2018


3276 - Living Color.

DAY 3
Close your eyes for the count of three. What is the first color you notice when you open your eyes? Create a monochromatic collage or sculpture using only items of this color.



I completed this challenge in my elementary classroom. My Classroom is a burst of rainbow colors, however one color seems to stand out more than the others. That color is blue. In addition to all of the blue in my color coordinated tables, bins, and supplies, I have blue chairs. The blue chairs always seem to throw me for a loop when I am dismissing tables; I will look at the chairs and say blue table, even if I mean a different color.

It was no surprise that the first color I saw was blue. I decided I would paint, so I pulled out some blue, black and white, so that I could make tints and shades. I put a squirt of each color on a plate and grabbed my brush. The blue was really runny and as soon as it touched the black and white, the colors started to mix in the most memorizing way. I did do some painting, causing the colors to mix more. However when I was finished with my painting, I started playing with the paint plate some more and decided I liked what was happening on the plate more than the actual painting. I began photographing paint as it swirled around the plate. I then made a photographic collage of all of the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment