Thursday, October 11, 2018

Vol. 3, No. 284, October 11, 2018


3284 - Oops.

DAY 11

Spill something and create something from the mess. 


I read today’s prompt as I was getting ready this morning, and then I sort of forgot about it. Thsat is until I was in my second class of the afternoon. In first grade, we were doing color experiments. Ther first was mixing food coloring in water. As I swirled the cup around, some colored water splashed out and on to the floor mats at my feet. Seeing the awesome splat on the ground reminded me of the prompt and inspired me to use the dyed water for my project. So, after the students were going for the day and I was cleaning up, I put a piece of paper in the sink and poured a splash of water on it. This paper splash wasn’t as cool as the one on the floor, but It would have to do. When the paper was dry, I used a sharpie to find a fun shape, a little fish guy with puckered lips, blowing out some hot Air. The water I poured on my paper was a mixture of purple, orange and green. It was supposed to be black, but I looked more green; apparently my colors didn’t have enough red. Anyways...I thought that it was interesting that the water dried both green and orange on my paper. (Unfortunately the colors were too light to show up very well in the picture. I adjusted the saturation in this photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment