Thursday, October 25, 2018

Vol. 3, No. 298, October 25, 2018


3298 - One For The Books.

DAY 25
What happened today in history? Create something inspired by what you learn.

To prep for today’s project,  I hopped online and googled “On This Day”. The first article to pop up was Picasso’s Birthday. Being an art teacher, this seemed like an obvious choice. I didn’t know what I to make though, so I searched again, this time looking for some subject matter. That’s when I found out that today marks 73rd anniversary of Jackson Pollock’s marriage to Lee Krasner. I prefer Pollock over Picasso, so I completely changed my plan. I pulled out some tempera paint, mixed in a little water and then used droppers to fling paint across my black paper. I decided to create a bride and groom on a sunny day with a large bouquet of roses. Not as abstract as Pollock’s paintings, but it was still fun to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment