Thursday, March 7, 2019

Vol. 4, No. 066, March 7, 2019


4066 - Rules.


Day 7:
Break a rule.
Don’t tell my First Graders, but today I broke all the rules! For the Spring Art Show, my first graders are making “Crazy Cacti”. We go through it step by step, talking about lines, shapes, patterns, and color. They get to practice drawing, painting, cutting and gluing. Today, after class, I made a quick example, and broke the rules. I painted without drawing my shapes first. I used markers to outline and draw patterns before the paint was dry. (Don’t worry, I didn’t wreck good markers, I used the old, dried out markers from the recycle bin.) I used two paper strips for my needles, rather than just one. And when I was cleaning up, I brushed my scraps on to the floor.

Honestly, I liked how the patterns turned out and might gather more recycled markers for students who are a day behind to use. My favorite part of the cactus is the top right piece. I used a black marker to draw the pattern, but the design appears like a rainbow.

No comments:

Post a Comment