Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Vol. 4, No. 071, March 12, 2019


4071 - Silver Award.
Day 12:
What happened today in history? Use that as your theme today.
Today is National Girl Scouts Day, a day to celebrate Girl Scouts which was founded on this day in 1912 by Juliette Gordon Low. I chose this historic event for my project because growing up Girl Scouts was a pretty big part of my life. In fact, I am a Silver Award recipient, this is the second highest award you can achieve in Girl Scouts.

My initial thought for the project was to sculpt something out of Girl Scout Cookies. Unfortunately, I didn’t have any readily available, so I went to plan B. This was to print pictures of Girl Scout Cookies, cut them out and create a collage of the Girl Scout logo. This would have been a good plan, but with conferences at school, and then play practice, I didn’t have enough time to execute this plan. So, on to plan C. Plan C was to use the cookies that I already had cut out to create letters  for Girl Scouts and numbers for it’s founding year and then make a photo collage.

No comments:

Post a Comment