Saturday, March 4, 2017

Vol. 2, No. 63, Month, 04, 2017


2063 - Redesign.

Today was a set work day for Litchfield Community Theatre. Our show this year is "The Lion King Jr." Since I am in charge of painting sets, I knew I would be spending my afternoon at the theater, and therefore I decided to do my project there. I chose a set piece that I knew I could finish in the 4 hours that I had today; that piece was Scar's Cave. Scar'so cave was made using the base of the Cave of Wonders from last year'so show, "Aladdin". We wanted it to look different, but didn't want to redo the whole thing.
I mixed up the base color, using 3 different colors of paint to achieve the correct shade of gray. The next step was to sponge dark gray in each rock segment. The gray was followed with white. I finished it all off by re-outlining with black and doing some dry brushing to round out the edges.
I now have 1 set piece completely finished, only about a dozen more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment