Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Vol. 2, No. 74, March 15, 2017


2074 - Shoe the World.

Last year, I was subbing on a Friday and as I was getting ready to leave I saw a shoe in the garbage. The sole was slightly worn, the shoelace was broken, and it didn't have a mate, but other than that, it seemed perfectly fine. I knew if I didn't rescue it, it would be dumped with the rest of the trash. So I took it homeand stored it away knowing that one day I would come up with the perfect project for the shoe.

That day was today, National Shoe The World Day. National Shoe The World Day is a day created to bring awareness, to everyone across the nation, of the incredible need to help those people around the world that do not have shoes to wear and then to take action in helping. #NationalShoeTheWorldDay Yes, I know that this, mateless shoe isn'the going to save the world'series problems, but this post does bring your attention to the problem, so I guess that is something.

I was subbing in a High School Math class today, they were taking a quiz, which mentioned I had lots of time to draw. It took me about 2 hours to cover the entire canvas part of the shoe with zentangles. The 9th grader in my second hour class were pretty impressed. I stuffed the shoe with some scratch paper so it would have a nice shape in the pictures.

Now I will store the shoe away again, or maybe is play it, until I come up with a project to use the shoe.

In case you are wondering how big it is, the shoe is a women's size 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment