Saturday, March 18, 2017

Vol. 2, No. 77, March 18, 2017


2077 - Set Work Saturday.

Today was another set work Saturday for Litchfield Community Youth Theatre's production of Lion King Jr. Today my goal was to complete Pride Rock a 2 piece, 12' x 20' x 6' step and scaffolding structure that we wanted to look like rock. This was a large group effort, over the course of 6 hours, we had about 12 people working on it.

While it was a group effort, I got in on all of the steps. I unrolled a large roll of Kraft paper, tore it into long pieces, and crumpled it up. I stapled it onto the structure, using a Pheumatic Stapler (compressed-air). I added depth and texture to the rocks by dry brushing a redish-brown and golden yellow over the top of the paper. (You can't see the color in the photo, but trust me, it's there.) I'm not completely sold on the final out come, but it is finished. For now....

No comments:

Post a Comment