Sunday, March 12, 2017

Vol. 2, No. 71, March 12, 2017


2071- Found Objects. Frozen Flower.

I saw a tutorial for these ice cream flowers on Facebook a while back and I saved it because I love to make flowers. Today turned out to be the perfect day to try it out. Today is Plant A Flower Day. Unfortunately, our Minnesota Winter decided to return and we once again have a solid covering of snow on the ground,  making planting flowers (at least outside) rather challenging. I took a Cordial Glass, filled it with a scoop of ice cream, and then placed another scoop on top. Then I used a metal ice cream scoop, dipped in hot water, to form the flower petals. Once the flower was carved, I placed the whole glass in the freezer and waited for the ice cream to firm up again. After about 20 minutes, I took it out and took the first set of pictures. Then I added strawberry topping between the petals for some color and took the second set of pictures.

To connect with the #64millionartists challenge, all of the supplies were things that I had on hand that need to be used.

No comments:

Post a Comment