Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Vol. 2, No. 88, March 29, 2017


2088 - Larry Manatee.

I was subbing as an art teacher today and was trying to come up with a cool project when I noticed a book on a shelf, DRAW Really Cool Stuff. I flipped through it and saw that had "How to Draw a Manatee". Since today is Manatee Appreciation Day, a day to celebrate manatees and spread awareness about these endangered mammals, I decide that would be great for my project.

So I got to work doing a pencil sketch of a manatee. When it was finished, I cut it out and taped it to an art poster on the wall. I chose Monet's "Bridge over a Pool with Water Lilies" and placed my manatee on the bridge. It looked good there, but the poster was low to the ground and in a good spot to be messed with. I looked around some more and found Seurat's Seine at the Grande-Jatte. This poster still had water, but was up much higher, making it a great resting spot for Larry.

Ever since I read that it was Manatee Appreciation Day, I have had this awesome song stuck in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment