Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Vol. 2, No. 277, October 4, 2017


2277 - Plastic Fantastic.

DAY 4

Create something using disposable plastic bags as your primary material.

This summer at the Minnesota State Fair, I saw a rug made from plastic bags. I thought it was really cool and put it on my "create" list. When this prompt came up I decide now was the perfect time to attempt the rug. I didn't anticipate the project taking as long as it did, but it did have lots of steps, two long braids, and sewing the swirl. Unfortunately, whenever I make braided rugs, they always seem to bow. Thus instead of a nice plastic rug, I got a nice plastic bowl. It still looks nice, it's just not the shape I was going for. I decided to include the bowl from different angels so you can get a better idea of what it looks like. In some of the pictures I took, it actually looks flat.

No comments:

Post a Comment