Saturday, October 14, 2017

Vol. 2, No. 287, October 14, 2017


2287 - Super Duper.

DAY 14

Create a new superhero. What are their special abilities? What does the costume look like?

Today was another Set Work Saturday, which meant 8.5 hours at the theater. Don't get me wrong, I love doing it, it's just a ton of work and it doesn't leave a lot of room for other things, like Creative Sprint. So I got creative, and based my superhero off of the work I already did, so while I don't have a picture of the superhero, I have a picture of her work. When I got home and was catching up on Facebook, I came across a post for a t-shirt "Art is my superpower." It couldn't have been more fitting.

My superhero is Pollock, she is a painter and Art is her superpower. Among other things, she has the uncanny ability to find half used cans of paint and combine them to make a new color, matching it, almost exactly to an existing color. The pictures show some paint she mixed. The shinier color was made a few weeks ago, when is ran out, she was forced to put her superpower to make more. As you can see she got the right color, unfortunately, she didn't quite get the right amount of shine, making the second batch very flat.

Pollock's costume is old jeans and a long-sleeved t-shirt, Crocs, and of course an apron with pockets. Her apron is drizzled with paint resembling a Jackson Pollock painting. She is always ready with her red-lanyard paint can opener and a stir stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment