Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Vol. 2, No. 297, October 24, 2017


2297 - #UnitedNationsDay.

DAY 24 

It's #UnitedNationsDay! Find inspiration today in a tradition of a culture other than your own.


Today is my dad's birthday, so id decided to look up birthday traditions around the world. I found 2 traditions that inspired my work. The first comes from Jamaica where birthday boys and girls are "antiqued." or coated with flour, by family and friends. The second comes from Canada where birthday boys and girls get their noses greased, usually with butter, to ward off bad luck.

I used butter to draw a cake on a paper bag, then I used flour to antique it. As I write this I realize that it would have been even cooler if I had drawn the cake with my nose, but that would have been messy and a lot more time consuming.

No comments:

Post a Comment