Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Vol. 2, No. 283, October 10, 2017


2283 - Public Art.

DAY 10

Create in a public place and leave it there for others to find.



Conveniently I am a public school teacher and today I needed to put up another wing display like the one I used for my project a few weeks ago. I work in 3 schools and all of my students in all of the schools did the same project, learning about Kelsey Montague and making beautiful and unique feathers. This meant that I needed to make 3 wing displays. With conferences on Thursday, I wanted to get the second display up today, so I couldn't have asked for a better prompt.

Today's wing display is right inside the front doors of Winsted Elementary School. I like the shape of these wings much more than the first set and I can't wait to see how the 3rd set turns out. One thing I don't like about this set of wings is the placement. The best spot in the school, where it would be seen by the largest number of people was right below the fire alarm, which meant that I couldn't hang the paper all the way to the ceiling and the wings couldn't be as tall.

No comments:

Post a Comment