Thursday, October 12, 2017

Vol. 2, No. 285, October 12, 2017


2285 - Let's Go Retro.

DAY 12


Make something inspired by a favorite childhood toy.
I can't really pick a favorite toy from my childhood, as there were lots that I enjoyed. However one toy that stands out in my mind right now is a large red wooden barn with plastic farm animals that was at Granny and Papa's house. Of all the animals we had, my favorites were either the pigs (as there were mamas and babies) or the horses (they had trading cards that told you about each breed). 

Today, fittingly, happens to be National Farmer's Day. So in honor of all of the farmers out there, and my favorite toy, I drew a picture that will be used as a project example for my 4th graders on their next project. The project is Out of Proportion. Students have to choose a living thing and draw it out of proportion in comparison to the rest of the picture. 

I drew a barn that looks similar to my toy barn and an extra large pig with even larger ears. I put the pig in a corn field to help with the proportion exaggeration.

No comments:

Post a Comment